Thursday, December 3, 2015

3rd Grade/Kindergarten Reading List Part 1

Last quarter was a bit of a bummer for our reading list. After reading 32 in our Spring Quarter I was hoping to at least meet that goal in our Summer Quarter, but no such luck. We were just too busy. It really was a good thing we only did spelling and reading - we had no time for anything else! This quarter we'll just have to try and do better! And at least we did met the goal I set last quarter...

Anyway, onto reading goals:
  • Optimus Prime is reading a mixture of level 1 & level 2 books. Mostly level 2 books but I did buy some new level 1 books. I decided to move our schoolwork away from so many worksheets and focus more on reading so we needed new books anyway. Plus, Bumblebee will need them for when he finally gets to level 1 & level 2 reading. Next quarter we should certainly be on chapter books if I could just find what I'm looking for...
  • Bumblebee is still reading level pre-1. We did tackle some level 1 books at the end of last quarter but he still wasn't ready so I switched him back to level pre-1. HOPEFULLY we can get him up to level 1 by the end of this quarter. 
  • Scooby-Doo has some reading goals too! Since I've decided to start him in kindergarten this upcoming quarter (as I was writing up his schedule I started thinking maybe he's becoming bored with pre-k schoolwork...) I decided it was time to make him a reading list as well. He and I are going to be reading a lot of short stories and poems, one a day, every day, even on days off.
Now, our reading list. Last quarter I set a goal of 19 and we read 23. This quarter I'm setting a goal of 19 again. I'm worried of a repeat of last quarter:
  • My Little Pony: Fluttershy and the Fine Furry Friends Fair
  • My Little Pony: Applejack and the Honest-to-Goodness Switcheroo
  • My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party!
  • My Little Pony: Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell
  • My Little Pony: Rarity and the Curious Case of Charity
  • My Little Pony: Rainbow Dash and the Daring Do Double Dare
  • The Haunted Library
  • The Haunted Library: The Ghost in the Attic
  • Magic School Bus: Dinosaur Detectives
  • Magic School Bus: Expedition Down Under
  • Magic School Bus: Electric Storm
  • Magic School Bus: Butterfly Battle
  • Magic School Bus: Food Chain Frenzy
  • Magic School Bus: Fishy Field Trip
  • Magic School Bus: Color Day Relay
  • You Choose: Can You Survive a Zombie Apocalypse?
  • You Choose: Can You Survive a Virus Outbreak?
  • Magic Tree House Fact Tracker: Pirates
  • Magic Tree House Fact Tracker: Twisters and Other Terrible Storms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...