Monday, January 27, 2014

1st Grade Reading List Part 3

Here it is - our book goal for the next three months:

  • Pokemon Junior: Save Our Squirtle
  • Pokemon Junior: Bulbasaur's Bad Day
  • Pokemon Junior: Two of a Kind
  • Pokemon Junior: Raichu Shows Off
  • Pokemon Junior: Nidoran's New Friend
  • Magic Tree House: Dolphins at Daybreak
  • Magic Tree House: Ghost Town at Sundown
  • Magic School Bus: Space Explorers
  • Magic School Bus: Twister Trouble
  • A to Z Mysteries: Sleepy Hollow Sleepover
  • The Berenstain Bears and the New Girl in Town
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Nerdy Nephew
  • Ballpark Mysteries: The Fenway Foul-up
Of course, we are going to read at least double that.  

I love meeting (and exceeding) our book goal each month!

Now, a note on our reading habits these past three months.  We did just fine, as far as chapter books go, but Optimus Prime & Bumblebee didn't get as much individual reading done like I was hoping.  I was hoping for some one-on-one time where they would get to practice their reading with me, but with football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Yule, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and birthday parties our schedule was pretty packed.  Actually, it was VERY packed.  So we didn't get to do that much.  This quarter Scooby-Doo starts speech therapy and baseball starts in just over a month.  So this quarter is going to be really packed too, so packed that I slimmed down our schedule a bit.  

However, I'm determined.  I'm not sure how we are going to fit everything in, but we will - even if it kills me (so long as it literally DOESN'T kill me).  So, hopefully their reading skills (which are okay, but that's about it) will get some serious polishing this quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...